- 1 whole Oslinc Ostrich Fillet - approx 500 gms
- 5 medium size mushrooms, prepared and thinly sliced juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- steak seasoning
- 250 gms of gorgonzola cheese (broken into pieces/crumbled)
- knob of butter
- black pepper
- 248 ml/ 10 oz of double cream
- chopped parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Put the Ostrich fillet into an oven proof dish with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pour the lemon juice over the fillets and sprinkle with approx I teaspoon of prepared steak seasoning.
- Cover the dish with foil, crimp around the edges and cook in the oven for approx 20-25 minutes.
- During the lost few minutes of cooking time put I tablespoon of olive oil and the sliced mushrooms into a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add a little black pepper and salt to taste.
- Fry until soft.
- Remove the meat from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and then add the gorgonzola cheese and double cream, stir gently until smooth.
- Place the meat onto a cutting board and slice (approx 1/4"16mm thick), place the slices into a serving dish, letting each slice overlap the other. Put the cooked sliced mushrooms over the meat or if preferred to one side, then pour the gorgonzola sauce over the whole dish and sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
Roast potatoes and salad or seasonal vegetables.