Kangaroo Fillet with Spring Onion and Mustard Sauce
4 Oslinc Kangaroo Fillets 150g
4tbs olive oil
Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Cracked black pepper
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil for sauce
1 cup/ ½ pint of cream
1 tbs wholegrain mustard
1 small bunch spring onions, finely sliced
1) In a dish, combine olive oil, garlic, rosemary and black pepper. Add the kangaroo fillets and coat with marinade; cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
2) In a saucepan, boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and mash with butter, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3) Pan Fry kangaroo fillets for approx 3 minutes each side. Remove from the heat and allow the fillets to rest for 10 minutes.
4) In the same pan, heat olive oil, add most of the spring onion (leave some to garnish) and fry for 1 minute. Add the cream and wholegrain mustard, stir and allow to simmer for 2 minutes. If the sauce thickens up too much just add a little water. Season to taste.
5) Serve kangaroo fillets on top of the potato and drizzle with the mustard sauce. Garnish with the remaining spring onion.
For a healthier option serve with steamed bok choy or sweet potatoes.